Northeastern Seminary Blog

Violence Against Women: Theological Reflection and Response

Aug 19, 2015 11:00:00 AM

Dr. Elizabeth Gerhardt addresses the historical, cultural, religious, and political context of global violence against women in her recently published book “The Cross and Gendercide.” Through the...

Violence Against Women: There is Much Work to be Done, Beginning with the Church

Aug 17, 2015 11:58:00 AM

July 28, 2015 the body of an 8-year-old girl who had been raped and strangled was found in a dumpster in Santa Cruz, CA. The suspect in custody is only 15-years-old.[1]

The truth about violence...

The politics of addressing domestic violence in our churches

Aug 13, 2015 12:00:00 PM

I was attending a church where I felt I really took ownership of my faith and became acclimated to church culture. At the time, there were several couples who were living together, but not yet...

Failing to address sexual abuse of teens in our churches

Aug 11, 2015 4:00:00 PM
    Early in ministry, I spent a few years leading children’s church and then Sunday School.

One Sunday, a young lady in the youth group sat by me on the pew during opening worship. As was my habit, I...

Help us, Lord

Jun 23, 2015 6:27:00 PM

originally posted June 19, 2015

I am heartbroken.

This week tragedy happened again. Lives were taken, hatred won, and we were left to make sense of another example of the racial tear in the fabric...

The Cross and Gendercide: A Theological Response to Global Violence Against Women and Girls

Jun 4, 2014 9:13:00 AM

The Cross and Gendercide: A Theological Response to Global   Violence Against Women and Girls

Dr. Elizabeth Gerhardt’s new book addresses the historical, cultural, religious, and political context...

The Role of the Church When Faced With Victims of Violence?

Nov 5, 2012 9:18:00 AM

A guest post by Dr. Elizabeth Gerhardt, professor of theology and social ethics at Northeastern Seminary

The statistics are overwhelming.  One in four girls is sexually abused before they reach...

This blog has been established for the exchange of ideas. Posts do not necessarily reflect the philosophies of the Seminary.

Subscribe via Email

Posts by Topic

see all