Northeastern Seminary Blog

Capstone, Milestone, and Concrete Ministry—The Culmination of a Master of Divinity Degree

Posted by Northeastern Seminary on Aug 1, 2016 11:00:00 AM

cohort35-books-886227-edited-089689-edited.jpg

Read More

Topics: M.Div., ministry, why seminary

Being Military Friendly is Just the Order of the Day

Posted by Lisa Bennett on Nov 11, 2015 1:33:01 PM

This article military-chaplain-prayer-178747-edited.jpgwas originally published in the November 2013 issue of Northeastern Seminary’s ResOund Newsletter.

It is affirming to be named to the list of the 2013 Military Friendly Schools®, a list that honors the top 15 percent of colleges and universities in the country that “deliver the best experience for military students.” It is great to be recognized for “leading practices in recruitment and retention of students with military experience” and for “programs and policies for student support on campus, academic accreditation, credit policies, flexibility, and other services to those who served.” But we have to admit it. We have not singled out military students and provided them with special services. This is just how we treat all our students.

Read More

Topics: military chaplain, call to ministry, why seminary, seminary alumni

Two Ways to Make Time for a D.Min. Degree

Posted by Lisa Bennett on Mar 12, 2014 3:17:00 PM

clock calendar time

I was in my late 50s when I made the decision to start the D. Min. program. At that point, my time was divided between two challenging occupations. For half of each week, I was engaged in the practice of law at a large law firm. For the other half of each week, I was employed as the assistant director of U. S. ministries for an association of churches. 

As I look back on my D.Min. years, I realize that the journey was actually a very smooth one. The studies proved to be a relaxation for me—especially the residency week of class. As it worked out, the program fit nicely with my two jobs and was not a source or pressure or stress. It was a joy.

Read More

Topics: Doctor of Ministry, why seminary

Top 3 Things I Learned at Northeastern Seminary

Posted by Sarah Beckler on May 6, 2013 1:50:00 PM

A post by guest blogger, Glen Dornsife, M.Div. '13:

Read More

Topics: seminary education, seminary classes, why seminary

Subscribe Here!

Recent Posts

Posts by Tag

See all