Northeastern Seminary Blog

The Gospel and the Kingdom: Esau McCaulley’s Talk for the Rochester Preaching Conference

Posted by Esau McCaulley on May 19, 2015 8:00:00 AM

My talk for Rochester Consortium of Theological Schools Preaching Conference on May 21, 2015 is titled: “The Gospel and the Kingdom: Preaching the Law, Faith, and the Messiah Jesus in Galatians 3:10–14.”
Read More

Topics: biblical exegesis, preaching conference

Herod as Pharaoh?

Posted by J. Richard Middleton on May 11, 2015 1:28:00 PM

J_Richard_MiddletonOn Thursday, May 21, I’ll be speaking at a conference called “From Interpretation to Preaching.”

My presentation addresses Matthew’s use of Old Testament quotations/ citations in the infancy narratives (Matthew 1-2). There are four, five, or six citations, depending how you count them.

In chapter 1 Matthew quotes Isaiah 7:14 (the Immanuel prophecy), while chapter 2 contains quotes from Micah 5:2 (with an addition from 2 Samuel 5:2), Hosea 11:1, and Jeremiah 31:15 (plus a closing citation of “the prophets,” but there is no agreement what the OT reference is).

Read More

Topics: preaching conference

Preaching God's Grace

Posted by Maria Rambuski on May 9, 2014 1:56:00 PM

I often say as I listen to preaching that I can tell where the theological thrust of focus of the preacher is. We preach what we believe. My core belief, the one thought that I hope and try to convey to persons in every sermon that I preach is this: God’s grace is real and available, without qualification or precondition or any stipulation. It is “good to go.”

Read More

Topics: sermon, preaching conference, God's grace

Subscribe Here!

Recent Posts

Posts by Tag

See all